K-Drama Craze: Birth of a Beauty (Minimal spoiler alert!)

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So in recent years, I really haven't been much in tune with K-dramas at all (even though I would have loved to), I managed to find myself completely hooked onto a new drama that's currently airing, "Birth of a Beauty". After coming across one of its trailers from a Facebook post, it immediately reminded me of the K-movie "200lbs Beauty" with Kim Ah Jung so I assumed the plot was similar except the drama version and decided to give it a shot.


At first glance, I had to instantly admit that all the stars in this show are unbelievably attractive. I absolutely adore the female protagonist Geum Ran/Sara (Han Ye Seul); not only was she incredibly gorgeous, her personality was absolutely adorable. Totally an HBB (heavenly blessed beauty), I'd totally kill to have her looks and personality, seriously!



Initially, I kind of assumed a lot of things since I thought the plot might have been really similar to 200lbs Beauty but I found myself confused pretty quick, but I'm so glad the plot went the way it did because it immediately had me hooked. From Geum Ran's death and Sara's birth, to all the revenge scheming and plot twists, to even Tae Hee's confusion with his feelings for the "ahjumma" (AJM). I've loved everything up to this point all so, so much as everything is so clever and cute.

Here's one of my favourite Tae Hee x Sara moments, I squealed like mad here..

    

     

OK honestly, I can't talk about it more without spoiling so I'll refrain myself. From the few episodes I've watched already, I can say that the show's been highly addicting all throughout and I definitely would recommend it to anyone who loves romantic comedies (with a hint of suspense). This was just too cute! *Swoon* I feel as if I'll probably update on this drama at least one more time in the future so keep a look out for it~




No comments:

Post a Comment